St. Benedict Catholic School has an official school uniform, consistent with our intent to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Parents are expected to understand, support, and enforce the uniform policy and should help students make good choices about appropriate attire. The uniform is a symbol of a student’s pride and a symbol of pride in the school.
While in uniform the students’ dress and appearance should always reflect neatness, cleanliness, modesty, and good taste.
ADDITIONAL UNIFORM GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS:
- Shorts, Skorts, Skirts should be no shorter than 3″ above the knee.
- Students wearing Skirts or Jumpers are expected to wear additional clothing under these items: leggings, tights, shorts, playground pants, etc.
- Practical shoes are required. Shoes with laces must be tied. Open-toed or backless shoes, flip-flops, sandals, boots, Crocs, or water shoes are not allowed.
- Students may wear white, navy, or black tights, leggings or socks (that are visible).
- Students may not wear hats or hoods in the school building.
- Students may not wear colored and layered clothing that contrasts or shows beneath the school uniform.
- Shirts must be tucked in when students are in the school or church buildings.
- Students are not allowed to wear make-up, fingernail polish, or unnatural hair colors.
- Students may wear earrings as long as they do not hang below the ear lobe.
Our uniform policy is enforced by all school personnel. Parents/Guardians will be notified about uniform infractions through Parent Information Slips. Multiple infractions will be handled under regular discipline rules. A continued failure to adhere to the uniform policy may result in non-admittance to class, referral to the principal, and/or a call to the parent or guardian. The principal and/or his designee will make all final determinations regarding the uniform code.
Free Dress- Students may wear Free Dress on designated days during the school year (typically the last Friday of the month) and to celebrate their birthday.
On Free Dress days students’ clothing and appearance should reflect neatness, cleanliness, modesty and good taste.
- Neither shoulders nor midriff should be showing.
- Neither sleeping attire nor underwear/boxers can be worn.
- Guidelines for earrings, hair color, and makeup apply.
- Leggings, tights, and yoga pants may be worn but cannot be worn in place of pants. If these or similar skin tight items are worn, they must be covered with shorts and/or skirts.
- Boots are allowed.