St. Benedict Catholic School Families,
Thank you so much to all the families who have logged in to SchoolAdmin and filled out their Intent to Return forms. This is very much appreciated and is very helpful for us.
Why are we asking families to fill these out now? We need this information from you because it will affect our ability to enroll new students in January! We want to make sure that all currently enrolled students are given a place at St. Benedict before inviting new families into the community. If you haven’t already done so, please follow the link that was sent to you (earlier today all families missing this form had it resent to them) and fill out that form!
The Christmas Program will take place next Thursday, December 15th! This will be a live performance in the Church beginning at 7:00 PM. All are welcome to come and attend and enjoy a bit of Christmas spirit. The performance is expected to last about one hour.
A few bits of important information for families:
- All students are expected to attend and should come dressed in their “Sunday Best”. (We like to get dressed up a bit more than we typically do for this event, but it doesn’t have to be anything too fancy…unless you want to be fancy!)
- Please plan on dropping your student(s) in their classroom at 6:30 on the night of the performance.
- Church doors will open at 6:30 and seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Our PS and PK students will perform near the beginning. When their performance is finished they will be brought to the back of the Church where parents should come to pick them up. If these families would like to remain at the performance they may but PS and PK students should sit with their parents.
- All students in K-8 will have designated seats, with their class. At the end of the program parents will be asked to pick up their student(s) from the designated seating areas.
And a few more reminders…
- If your family is struggling with the cost of tuition, I would encourage you to apply for tuition assistance. You may be eligible for tuition assistance from St. Benedict School and from the Archdiocese of Seattle’s Fulcrum Foundation. More information about the Fulcrum Foundation can be found here: Fulcrum Foundation Tuition Assistance Information along with a link to the application itself. This single application makes you eligible for assistance from both the Fulcrum Foundation and St. Benedict Catholic School Scholarship funds! These forms must be completed by January 6th so don’t wait to fill them out!
- We are beginning to have traffic congestion problems on North 48thstreet during our drop-off time in the morning. To keep our students safe and get everyone into the building on time please remember a few basic rules for drop-off:
- Always drive clockwise around the block!
- No parking on 48th street (not even in a pinch or to quickly run inside), this is a drop off zone only.
- No parking in the red (faded red right now) zones around the crosswalks, we need to keep these areas visible and safe to use.
- Always use those crosswalks at the corners, do not cross in the middle of the street.
- Next Friday, December 16th is a noon dismissal at St. Benedict School. There will be no Extended Day or Kids’ Club that day. All students should be picked up at 12:00.
Have a wonderful afternoon,