Dear St. Benedict Catholic School Community,
With just a month left in the 2021-2022 school year we are busy here at the school! Not only are we finalizing details for the end of this school year, but we are planning for the 2022-2023 school year as well. Here is some news from around the school…
Last weekend’s Auction was a remarkable success! We are still collecting money but, when all is said and done, we are going to top $250,000. This includes about $110,000 donated toward our Fund-a-Need. Both numbers are new record amounts for the St. Benedict Catholic School Auction. Thank you for your generous support!
I am happy to announce that I have hired two new staff members for the 2022-2023 school year:
- One is a familiar name: Julia Bellia will be joining the staff as our Middle School Instructional Assistant. Julia is a graduate of St. Benedict and has worked for us in the summer for many years. She is a certified teacher with several years’ experience in the classroom.
- We are also welcoming a new PE Teacher, Karla Lopez-Connelly. Karla is currently working as a PE teacher and excited about her move to St. Benedict next year. In addition to PE, she will also be working in our Early Learning Program.
Last night our new Wurst Festival Chairwoman, Annie Quinn, hosted an in-person Wurst Fest meeting here at the school. This was the first of many planning meeting to get us ready for the 2022 Wurst Festival…only 4 months away! While most of the lead positions are now filled we can still use your assistance. Check out Monday’s Parents’ Club email for details on how you can get involved in the fun!
School Commission is looking for new members! Each year we invite three new community members to join the school commission. We are looking for parents with a wide variety of lived experiences to join this consultative group. If you are interested in serving a three-year term and assisting as an advisor to the principal and pastor please contact me for more information (email@example.com).
And a few reminder announcements:
- Wednesday, June 15th is a big day here at St. Benedict Catholic School…it is Field Day, Jog-a-thon Day, Free Dress Day, AND Pizza Lunch Day! It is also our last full school day of the year. To pull off all these activities we are going to need some parent volunteer support (mostly before noon that day). More information and a request for volunteers will come later but mark your calendars and don’t miss this fun way to support our students.
- Fr. Dean is out of town from now through the end of June. In addition to his ministry with the Archdiocese of Seattle, he is a chaplain with the Army Reserves. He will be away on assignment with the Army but will be back in July. In his absence a few priests will be filling in for weekend and daily Masses. This includes Fr. Bryan Dolejsi, our former priest in residence, who will be returning to celebrate Baccalaureate Mass with our 8th graders.
- Aladdin Jr., our Spring Musical is sold out! Do not despair if you missed out on tickets. The performance will be filmed, and a private YouTube link will be made available to school families who were not able to attend. More information next week!
- And finally, as of today we have eight students out with COVID-19. Some of these are previously reported cases from last Thursday, others are new. In all cases, the affected classes have been notified.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend,