Pick up of students at St. Benedict Catholic School poses a significant safety challenge for our students, parents, and staff. Narrow streets, limited parking, and pressure to arrive on time at school can make this part of the day a challenge.
At the end of the day, students will be dismissed through three separate sets of school doors based by grade level.
- Students in K, 1st, 2nd will exit through our main office door onto N. 48th St.*
- Students in 3rd, 4th, 5th will exit through our Wallingford Ave. N door.
- Students in 6th, 7th, 8th will exit through our N 49th St. door.
*These students will remain with their teacher until the teacher is able to dismiss them to a parent or legal guardian. Parents whose children are in these classes must exit their cars and make visual contact with teachers.
Parents are encouraged to park (legally and in the correct direction) and wait at the appropriate door for their child(ren). Parents picking up students at more than one door should pick up their youngest child first.
When picking up, some basic rules should be followed:
- All car traffic should move in a clockwise direction around the school, allowing cars to pull up to the curb for a safe drop off and pick up of students.
- All students should enter their cars on the curb side. DO NOT load or unload your child(ren) in the street.
- Park legally and be mindful of our neighbors…do not block driveways, do not block crosswalks, and do not wait in designated handicapped parking spaces for any amount of time.
- Parents and students are expected to cross the street at the corner using crosswalks.
- All students should leave the school grounds by 3:10 p.m., unless they are enrolled in Extended Day.