(for children 3 and 4 years old)
St. Benedict Preschool and Prekindergarten is committed to helping your child develop the skills and tools needed to succeed in elementary school and beyond.
Educating the Whole Child
The St. Benedict Preschool and Prekindergarten programs offer a safe, loving, and nurturing environment designed to provide each child with a positive introduction to their educational experience. Our warm and open classroom communities are rich with opportunities for learning and growth through age appropriate, hands-on activities.
- Introduce pre-Reading skills such as letter and sound identification
- Learn pre-Math skills such as numbers, shapes, and time
- Develop skills such as drawing, cutting, and writing
- Encourage classroom skills such as listening, following directions, and taking turns
- Promote respectful interactions with others
- Participate in daily prayer
- Learn Christian values through stories, songs, and activities
- The class limit in Preschool is 16 students per day.
- The class limit in Prekindergarten is 20 students per day.
Each classroom is staffed with an experienced, certified teacher to guide the students in their daily learning. In addition a full time instructional aide is available each day to assist the students and teacher.
While each day is different in our classrooms, every day is filled with engaging, age appropriate activities that encourage the social, emotional, spiritual, and academic growth of our students.
- St. Benedict Preschool is a program specially developed for children who are 3 years old.
- St. Benedict Prekindergarten is a program specially developed for children who are 4 years old.
- All students must be 3 or 4 years of age by August 31st of the school year they will be attending.
Hours of Operation
Preschool and Prekindergarten: 8:30am – 12pm
Kids Club (extended care option): 12pm – 5pm
The Preschool and Prekindergarten programs follow the regular school year calendar.